Friday, June 16, 2006

Hershey Bears Win Calder Cup

With a four games to two victory over the Milwaukee Admirals, the Hershey Bears have won the 2006 Calder Cup. Semi-final results are here, quarterfinals here and the first round here.

Hershey is the Washington Capitals affiliate and Milwaukee is the Nashville Predators affiliate. Look for some of the stars of the playoffs to find their way onto those NHL teams.

Hershey was lead by strong goaltending from Frederik Cassivi, who was named playoff MVP for his .931 playoff saves percentage and his 2.10 GAA. Top Hershey scorers included Tomas Fleischmann and Kris Beech. Milwaukee was led by Darren Haydar (who led the playoffs with 35 points) and Simon Gamache.

Congratulations to the Hershey Bears and their fans.

Comments:
I have a picture of a Bears player that I need identified. Please e-mail me if you would be willing to help! Thanks!

towsongkcoach@aol.com
 
I'm not sure I'd be able to identify an obscure Hershey Bears player. My best suggestion would be to go to http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hershey_bears/team/index.php it gives the team roster. You can click on each player indiviually and it gives you a picture of the player. You will hopefully find a match there. If you don't, I'm not sure where to look.

I am assuming this is a member of the current Bears and not a team from history.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?